Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Field Experience

January 20, 2009
6 hours
Objectives: The students performed a variety of tasks including Lexia, Accelerated Reader quizzes, and EasyTech. The students determined their scores after taking an Accelerated Reader quiz.
Activities: Morning announcements, Lexia, Reading lesson, Accelerated Reader, and EasyTech

During the course of the day, my second grade students used a variety of technology. To begin the morning, they watched morning announcements on the television. Our announcements are broad casted by several teachers and a third grade student each morning. They learned all the important events for the day and week. In reading class, I taught my lesson using an overhead projector. The students reviewed the oo and ew phonics sound, introduced new vocabulary, and read the morning warm-up. The transparency helped my students comprehend the question in the morning warm-up. It also was a guide for students to not only hear the oo sound, but to see it in the words also. During center time, individual students built phonics skill on a program called Lexia on the computer. It teaches and reviews all the phonics sounds by levels. After reading, I took my class to the computer lab for our weekly EasyTech lessons. This particular day, the entire class learned how to search subjects on the Internet. I will include their scores in my artifacts. Throughout the entire day, children were taking quizzes on books they read three times. After quizzing, they record their scores in a folder for me to check. This program tests comprehension skills.

The AR goals are to make 85% average or better. As of now, 91%of my students are at their goal.

No comments: