Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Field Experience 2

January 27, 2009
8:00-9:00 and 12:30-2:30
Total Time: 9 hours
Objectives: The students checked out books using a bar coded card. The students played an electronic addition game and sorted information.
Activities: Checked out library books, Fast Math, and EasyTech

For the first hour of the day I went to my school library and helped the librarian and students. I was introduced the the Destiny program which is used with collections. Many children come in and out of the library at our school. I stood behind the circulation desk and checked out books to the kindergarten through third grade children. During math class, my class rotated turns playing Fast Math. Currently, all eighteen of my students are working on addition facts. They complete a set of addition facts and then can choose from eight games to play. I monitor their progress each week using the grade tracker. It tells me what speed they performed, which facts each child is on, and how many times they have attempted the facts. At the end of the day, we went into the computer lab for another lesson in EasyTech. Today the students sorted information on charts. If they did not perform at seventy percent or better, they had to try again. As they worked, I walked around the room checking to see if each child was on task and able to complete the assigned work.



Fast Math provides reports on student progress. At this time, 2 students are slow, 11 are at a medium speed, and 5 are fast.

No comments: