Monday, July 13, 2009

Module 11

I would develop a 21st Century Information Skills Program for my library media center. I would set up a blog for students and teachers. I would read the students a story when they come into the library for a lesson. On their own time or time their teacher allows them, they would be able to go onto the blog site. I would already have the ending of the book set up. They would have an opportunity to change the ending of the story. This would require them to follow an inquiry-based process, use strategies to draw conclusions, use technology and other information tools to organize and display knowledge and understanding in ways others can view, and use social networks and information tools to gather and share information. This activity would cover all four of the 21st Century Standards. When the classes came back to the library, I would give them an opportunity to share their ending and explain why they wrote it.

No comments: