Friday, June 19, 2009

LEM 500 Module 3

Using the first activity I would read two variations of The Three Little Pigs. After reading, we would make a T chart and list the ways they are different and the same. Then we would discuss the different cultures in each story. After the discussion I would ask students to act out their favorite character.
Instead of using four stories with the second activity, I would use two from different countries. We would talk about the characters and their traits. We would then write about what is important to their culture.
After reading "Sleeping Beauty" and "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" we would analyze the story together. I would have to be a guide for the class because analyzing is tough for first graders. I would ask open ended quesitons to ge tthe conversation started. Afterwards, the children would write about the two stories in their journals.

No comments: